IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DRIVERS
Please bring the following with you to your DOT Physical…
- Drivers License
- Expiring/Expired Med Card (Medical Examiners Certificate)
- Eye glasses (if applicable)
- Hearing Aids (if applicable)
- Medication Name
- Prescribing Doctor
- Date of most recent office visit with prescribing Doctor
- Be ready for urinalysis (come with a full bladder)
- Be sure to take medications as directed.It is important to do so especially when taking high blood pressure or diabetic medications.If these medications are not taken properly they do NOT work to lower blood pressure or control sugar levels.
- If you have had a recent accident/injury/illness and have been off work, we will need a release from your treating physician stating you are okay to return to unrestricted work duties.(Examples: surgery, broken bone etc…)
- If you have a CPAP machine you will need to bring the following with you:Yearly multiple sleep latency testing or repeat sleep study or a note from your prescribing doctor giving you clearance.
- If you have had a heart attack you will need to bring the following with you: a note from your treating cardiologist giving you clearance and/or recent LVEF study.
DOT/CDL Exams for ONLY $100*
Dr. Kim Maycock will have you feeling at ease during your DOT/CDL exam. As a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Examiner for the Federal Department of Transportation, you can rest assured that you will be getting a quality exam.
Physical Exam requirements:
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
- Needs to be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of Schedule 1 drugs, amphetamines, narcotics or other habit forming drugs.
Don't wait, contact our office today to schedule your exam!
Is your company looking for a top provider of DOT/CDL exams? Contact Dr. Maycock for more information about special pricing options for contracted companies!
*some companies pay for your exam, contact your employer for details.